Thursday, October 25, 2007

This Week!

So this week has been very fun and stressful at the same time. My mom came out Friday for Tempe High's centennial. She was staying with us at our house which was cool. We have been doing alot of wedding stuff. We met with a caterer and a florist (two big things to take care of). Went to two bridal shops to try on dresses. I can't count on how many dresses I tried on. But its narrowed down to four. Also met with a printer to print my invitations since I am putting on my creative cap and making my own invitations. It should be a project! While all this has been going on the fires in San Diego have been going on. Since I grew up in San Diego and my parents still live there with many family and friends these last couple days have been nerve wracking. All of my mom's friends had to evucate on Sunday night and Monday morning. My uncle and his family evucated from there home and went to his in-laws and had to evucate from there the next day. Thank God their homes were alright. We watched the news whenever we were home on the live feed here in the internet. Everything is so surreal. Please keep the people that were less unforunate that lost everything in your thoughts and prayers. I (HEART) SD!

1 comment:

tv said...

The fire started around 1:00 pm on Sunday and it was ominous from the start. All night we didn't sleep. we left monday morning, after removing one of our trees from a neighbor's power line, because it was looking threatening and because of the smoke. And we wanted to look after eniko's mom up in lawrence welk village in north Escondido. Tuesday morning we were evacuated again at 7:30 from there so we all decided to just leave the area since I needed to drive up to LA to take Eniko's mom to the airport for her trip to Budapest and Pasadena where i had to deliver some paintings. We decided to spend the day up there and returned to our house on Wednesday morning to find our neighborhood untouched. Just south of here, about a mile, the landscape and homes are devastated. It was a very scary 3-4 days, but we''re very fortunate. Santa Ana winds were expected again last weekend, but they never happened. This place used to be paradise.....tv